Didn't feel too well Friday and Saturday. Went to Cody's Cross Country meet, but only made it a couple hours before I starting feeling bad. I am still very soar from my port, but it is getting somewhat better everyday. I can hardly use my arm, which is really putting a damper on my work at Centerville...I quess I should just get used to the idea that I will not be able to do everything I want to do. You know me, I'm always busy, so I am having a hard time facing the fact I have to just stay put. But to ease the burden of not feeling like doing much of anything and taking a little weight off of Patti's shoulders, our friends and family have really come through. Thank you Karen, Mike, Deb, Claudeo, and Linda....everything done was a BIG surprise. We are so blessed to be loved by so many wonderful people. We have had so many offers of help from all our friends and family...offers of driving to and from treatments, grocery shopping, meal preparation, little gifts that mean so much and many other offers of help and support....THANK YOU EVERYONE!! We are so blessed to know each and every one of you.
I have an appointment with another Doctor on Monday regarding my liver...I have had the pleasure of baffling MANY doctors. I have made this journey very hard for my docs...but they are certainly working for their money. My lymph node is still very swelled and still putting a lot of pressure on my ear canal. I have been having quite a few headaches and a constant earache, but I am glad to say, I am still on track for Wednesday. My treatments are only a few days away and I am ready to go. I know it will be tough, but in the long run, I will be so much better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Uncle Matt,
ReplyDeletegoing thru this with my Mom and since you two have similar personalities, I have to say that one of your biggest frustrations is going to be not having your usual strength and energy...not accomplishing what you are used to. Remember this, every day your job is simple...GET BETTER! Thats all. THAT is what you focus on. This illness will only be a short while, although some days it will seem forever. In the BIG picture, it will be a very short time, so focus only on your loved ones and getting well. You will have the rest of your life to do all of the other things you are used to doing....
So...Remember your only task every day...GET BETTER! That means lots of rest and relaxation and positive thoughts....and prayer!
We LOVE you!!!!