Thursday, October 22, 2009

Well another week almost done. I have not been feeling too well the last couple days. Tuesday I was having a really good morning, enough so, that I even went to see my "buds" at Women's Services...boy do I miss them. They all thought I looked pretty good. However, by the afternoon, I wasn't feeling too hot. I just overdid it during the day. Wednesday I went in for my weekly chemo and found out my blood counts are down and I lost some more weight. Since my blood counts are down, they have to watch me, but the counts are not down enough to stop chemo. I will be tested again next week and if they are still low, then I may have to get a shot to boost my cell counts...they didn't want to do that this week because it can be very painful. The shot effects the bones, even the head, and they don't like to do it unless absolutly necessary. I have been informed by the cancer staff that I cannot be overdoing it and to listen to my body. Today and tomorrow I have to have a 2-2 1/2 hour I-V flush after my radiation because my nausia is getting really bad and it helps to get flushed so the chemo isn't just sitting in my lower organs. I was also informed today that I must wear a mask when I am out in public because I can get infection very easy and any sickness can be quite harmful. But all in all, even the doctors and nurses think I am doing VERY well because they have all said the type of chemo I am taking usually is very hard on patients and for the amount I am getting, I am doing well. Even though I am getting even more fatigued and nausiated, I quess it could be so much worse. Well I just wanted to give everyone a quick update and I hope to be back on my feet real soon. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment