Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Well another week down. I have been VERY fatigued and nausiated lately, but I keep going. I have now progressed to many sores in my mouth and throat and most everything I have tried to eat does not go down all that well. My radiation and chemo doctors have said I am right on track for the side effects that I have been having, but unfortunatly, they can not tell me it will get better...it more likely than not, will continue to get worse. On a more lighter note, my blood counts are all good and even my liver count has decreased, which is fabulous. Believe it or not, I actually gained a couple pounds from last visit (I have been trying to eat the best I can). The easiest foods/drinks that I can get down happen to be soggy fruit loops, flavored milk, ice cream, weight gain shakes and some soups. Most other stuff I cannot tolerate. Soggy fruit loops have been the easiest to get down and it is the food that makes me least nausiated. Well today, Patti and I made some Halloween decorations at the cancer center while I was getting my treatment and Patti also painted a pumpkin. I don't think we will ever grow up and I guess we LOOK like the type of people that would do that because we were approached to make the decorations. It was fun and we made people laugh. The nurses were on their toes today. They were in rare form and did a lot of picking....we always have fun with the staff. Well, not too much more to add. I will try to post more information about how I am doing, but the fatigue is overwhelming sometimes so I don't get to write as much as I would like.

Thanks to all that have made meals, helped out, send prayers and well-wishes, and made me the most beautiful gifts. I love each and every one of you and am so thankful that you all have been here for me. I cannot express enough how wonderful you all are. Love you lotts.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Matt, don't you get it by now big guy? YOU ARE LOVED!!!! Sounds like this is really a rough patch that you and Patti are going through together and with humor.....GOD BLESS YOU BOTH. I can't wait until we see your "handsome" face around the shelter once again!

    ReplyDelete