Thursday, October 1, 2009

Well today was a good day. My sister, Sherry, came over early this morning to take me to my treatment and spend a little quality time with me. (she even brought some yummy scalloped potatoes) The radiation staff took her back to see what I have to do before I get radiation. She was able to see my stylish mask and how they hook me to the table. It is like a scene from a Sci-Fi movie. She was really impressed with the staff and the whole cancer center in general. I was a little tired after treatment, but I wanted to try and stay awake so I could visit. I actually felt pretty good after my initial sleepy period was over. My sis even took me out for brunch. We had a wonderful time just visiting. I even felt well enough to go outside and putt around the yard a little in the afternoon. Patti came home from work today with chicken and bisquits. Thank you, Karen...you did a wonderful job on dinner!! Sue (my big sis) and Kay...thank you for the reading material and warm and loving wishes. So many people have done so much for me. I can't even begin to thank everyone for what they have done. I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment