Thursday, October 8, 2009
Well Hello Everyone...I am now 1/2 way through my Chemo treatments and down to Twenty-two more radiation treatments. I have become very tired as the treatments progress. I can do limited activites as long as I can rest often. I have also lost pretty much all of my sense of taste...everything pretty much tastes like cardboard (not to say I eat cardboard on a regular basis) and my mouth is getting somewhat sore. I have pretty much lost all my saliva, so I have constant cotton-mouth. I have to use a special toothpaste and mouthwash to clean my mouth. I was very concerned about my teeth rotting out and everyone that knows me, knows how anal I am about teeth. I was informed by my doctor that brushing my teeth four or more times a day was NOT necessary, that I could brush much less without causing my teeth to rot. So, I guess I will limit my brushing to twice a day. I was also scolded by the doctors and nurses because I continue to lose weight and that is a big NO-NO. It is so hard to eat when everything I eat has no taste and also I get nauseated, especially the first few days after chemo. I am trying very hard to eat up as many calories as I can, but it is very difficult. I have been having cold chills and the creepy-crawlies. I am frequently cold and my body gets these wierd sensations. The doctors say it is from the chemo and radiation. It is really bad the first few days after chemo, but it does ease up later on. The docs say everything is going well. (except for my weight loss) My blood counts are all good and the tumor has not increased in size. The pressure on my ear is A LOT better. I only have a slight annoyance of pain by my ear now, not that excrutiating ear pain I was having before. I was a LITTLE better behaved this last chemo treatment, at least to the nurses. I still was threatened with the BIG needles, but no enema or cathedar this time; however, I played a little joke on the doctor...I circled "vaginal bleeding" on my concerns sheet that I have to fill out before seeing the doctor. Well, his nurse told me I should see a gynocologist to help me with that problem and then she spilled the beans to the doctor before he came in, so I didn't catch him off guard. He has come to expect the worst when he sees me (I continue to give him a good laugh) Nothing I do suprises him anymore. Well, anyway....I want to again thank each and every one of you for the warm wishes, loving prayers, and all the helping hands that you all have given me and Patti. You all mean so much to us and we love you all. Hugs and Kisses to all. LOVE YOU!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Matt, I am so glad you are doing ok. We've all been concerned. As for your vaginal bleeding and eating cardboard, I think you need to seek some help. I mean maybe a counselor. We love you too. Remember Patti call if you need anything.
ReplyDeleteLove always,
Rose